Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Presents


This is what my brother and sister in law sent me for Christmas!  And I am so excited.  Do you know what it is?  I think that it looks a little like some of bad experiences that I have had with rye breads.  But right now, it isn't edible.

It came with instructions.  I love a gift with instructions.  First I soaked it in a bag of water for fourteen hours. 

Now it needs diffuse light, dampness and cool temperatures for about ten days.  I can handle the diffuse light, fours hours each day.  The front window will be perfect.  I can spritz it every day to keep it damp, I already have covered it with the perforated plastic bag for the greenhouse environment.

My concern is the cool temperature, 60 degrees.  They suggest a kitchen, really bad idea, this is where my oven is.  A basement, don't have one.  A barn, I would really like a barn.  A bay window, we have a big front window, it will have to work.  Or a garage.  I have one of those, yesterday it was above 80 here.  We are having a record warm winter.  Next week, the temperatures may drop to the 60s and I think that I will move my present outside.

I'll let you know what develops.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I can't stop laughing Anne Marie. And I also can't wait when you take a bite to say it's the most wonderful tastiest thing on earth. How could it not be?:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me it's not a science experiment.

    I can't wait to see what it transforms into.

    ReplyDelete