Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Mokonuts’ Rye-Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I plan on baking along with the group in Tuesdays with Dorie, who are posting from Dorie’s newest book, Baking with Dorie.  I am struggling to stay on schedule, I am doing ok with baking, behind with the posts.  



I would like to got to Paris to eat these cookies at Mokonuts.  We all enjoyed them.  I don’t think that I have ever had poppy seeds in a cookie.  Combined with the rye and cranberry there were layers of flavor.  I used chunks of bittersweet chocolate and at this point I feel I should confess to not really liked large amounts of chocolate in my cookies.  I knew when I started that they would be too much for me but the gang enjoyed them.  


Catch up  with Miso Maple Loaf



This was October’s recipe.   This is the kind of loaf that you like to find in your kitchen.  It made a great toast.  I don’t think many people would be able to figure out what gave the loaf it’s flavor.  The white miso, buttermilk and maple syrup all came together wonderfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment