Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Whip-It-Up-Quick Cornbread

 I am surprised to find myself here, on the second Tuesday, posting the appropriate recipe for February’s challenge from Baking with Dorie.  I have been a serial straggler with this challenge.  I just don’t seem to be able to catch up.  I still have to make cheese puffers, part of last month’s challenge.   I am so close to being caught up with the group baking all the recipes from Dorie Greenspan’s  Baking with Dorie.  Head over to Tuesdays with Dorie for the rules and upcoming scheduled recipes.  Two recipes a month, posted on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday.  

We rely on kids or neighbors to help us eat our way through some of these recipes. And our kids are all adults.  The other day I came to the realization that my kids aren’t really young adults anymore.  30 year olds are definitely adults.  Luckily not quite middle aged because what would that make me?  

As adults with busy lives, we don’t see them daily and I can’t count on them to take care of some extra carbs.   My husband and I are getting into father and the mother of the bride supreme shape so sometimes we have carbs to share.  Any way, I cut the recipe down.  Using my amazing “my mother was my math teacher and I can use metrics and fractions” math skills, I cut it way down.   Just kidding, I cut it in half and put a little in this small cast iron that we use for basting on the grill.   The rest is in a casserole pan.  

This was another delicious recipe.  However, I have a cornbread recipe that I use when we need some cornbread in our lives.  It uses less fat and has more AP.  I enjoy it more.  I know that my family has strong ideas on how corn bread should taste.   Once you find your favorite recipe, it is hard to sway people away.  





4 comments:

  1. I feel you, my sons are 26 and 28 and as Germans not used to cornbread ;-). What a nice pan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issue and often throw some out, even though. I cut the recipes right down to a quarter- for some reason my family won’t try it. Your cornbread looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy. I love your cute little skillet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cute little pan, wonderful. Yes everyone has their favorite cornbread recipe.

    ReplyDelete